Thursday, September 20, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 20

Posted by Starlett Approved at 4:00 PM
Hey there beautiful people!  It's day 20 of the challenge and the theme is Water Marble.  I'm definitely not a huge fan of doing water marble.  They are extremely beautiful and I love them when someone else like Victoria of Victoria's Nails or Jessica of Gorjess Nails does it.  Their water marble manicures are always flawless and magical to me.  I normally don't have the patience for it.  That is probably why I steer clear of doing it, if I can.  Couldn't do that today, my slight OCD would never allow me to miss a day if it's not an emergency.  I'm happy to share with all of you water marble nail art I'm actually proud of.
It took 2 failed attempts before I finally got it right.  My only regret is not doing it last night when I originally planned to.  I sort of got stuck watching Friends with Benefits.  Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis are HOT!! :) 
My first attempt was with completely different colors and I tried using a small dappen glass for the water.  That was just a mess and apparently my water was too warm.  For my second attempt I used my usual small glass bowl with room temperature water.  I then realized the nail polishes I was using wasn't working well. 
I took a deep breath and a Cheez-It break with Micah before getting back at it.  I changed my color scheme and nail polishes.  Changed up the pattern that I was dropping the polish into the water.  I honed in on some patience, then it all came together.  It isn't perfection but this is a water marble win for me!!! 

Polishes Used:
  • Wet n Wild French White Creme
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear The Real Teal
  • Sinful Colors Clementine
  • Essie Mesmerize
Another 10 challenges down only 11 more to go.  What was your favorite manicure for the Pattern Themes?  It's definitely hard for me to choose, but I would have to say Tribal and Galaxy.  But I really do love them ALL!! 

Thanks For Stopping By!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos